Monday, August 11, 2008

Authors Promoting Authors - a great idea

I got home from a lengthy vacation (first in years) late last night, so if I'm a little rambly and not terrible clear or concise, please understand. (What a great excuse - maybe I should go away more often.) Anyway, before I left, I became aware of what I think is a great idea, and joined Authors Promoting Authors.

The basic idea comes from the fact that marketing and publicizing books which are self-published or published by small firms is often difficult. The skill-set to write with quality is not the same skill-set needed to promote and sell. So any opportunity to reach beyond the local audience (particularly for those of us who live in remote areas where that audience is very small) is welcomed.

There are interesting new books posted on that site every few days, reinforcing my belief that there are more articulate, skilled people writing that ever before (and I suspect there are fewer people reading with the growth of electronic media, though those who read probably read extensively!).

Anyway, I want to here include the posting before the description of one my novels, but there is a poem posted between the previous book and mine, and I want to be sure which I should show.

Check back later.

No comments: